3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach, garlic salt, Italian seasoning and tofu. Blend until the mixture is an even consistency. Heat in a microwave on high for 2 minutes.
4. In a 9x9 inch baking pan, pour one thin layer of remaining tomato puree, a layer of noodles, 1/2 the tofu mixture, the mushroom sauce, a layer of noodles, 1/2 the tofu mixture, a layer of tomato puree, a layer of noodles, and a final layer of tomato puree.
Harvest Vegan Nut Roast
Prep time 15 min.; cook time 1 hr., 30 min.
1/2 cup chopped celery
2 onions, chopped
3/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup pecan or sunflower meal
2 1/2 cups soy milk
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 cups bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a loaf pan.
2. In a medium size frying pan, saute the chopped celery and the onion in 3 teaspoons water until cooked.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the celery and onion with walnuts, pecan or sunflower meal, soy milk, basil, oregano, bread crumbs, salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Place mixture in the prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes; until the loaf is cooked through.