Healthy gifts for your honey
Popular presents that will keep you out of the doghouse, and her purring like a kitten.
December 4, 2009
For some men, shopping for their significant other is akin to walking a tightrope over a tank of ravenous sharks. One wrong step and you're swimmin' with fishes.
Today, with so much attention on getting and staying healthy, it only makes sense to give the gift of fitness.
Here are eight fun gift ideas with a focus on fitness that will keep you out of the dog house, an her purring like a kitten:
- Fitness Club Membership: The key here is that you don't want to insinuate that she's overweight. The caveat on this gift is that you going to spend time together, get fit, and you'll both be better for it in the, well, end.
- Golf or Tennis Lessons. Once again, this is an activity you and your partner can do together. And with the skills you've both picked up, you'll be able to enjoy keeping active together for the long-term.
- Spa Package. Guys, this is mother of all great gifts. Pick a package at a local spa or resort that will allow her to spend an entire day getting pampered and rejuvenated. Add a gift card to her favorite salon and you've got an incredible gift.
- Fitness DVD. A great choice would be any of the specific fitness sets from Jillian Michaels, one of the hosts of The Biggest Loser television reality show. Jillian covers all the fitness bases: cardio, strength and balance training.
- Yoga Starter Kit. The numbers of people who are enjoying the benefits of Yoga have doubled in the past 10 years. With the Yoga starter kit, which comes with a set of Yoga balls and an instructional DVD, she can exercise at her convenience. Throw in a gift certificate for a Yoga outfit, and your all set.
- Belkin Susan G. Komen Sport Arm Band for the iPod. This lightweight, water-resistant Neoprene sports armband is awesome for music on the run. Another great reason to purchase this gift -- proceeds from the sales go to benefit cancer research.
- The VSX Sport v-back pant from Victoria's Secret is perfect for your active partner. These fashionable cotton/spandex pants provide a sleek, body slimming look. Plus, they're made for exercise as they move moisture away from the body.
- NIKE Sport Kit System. If your partner has an iPod nano, she can do more than enjoy great tunes during her workout. With this system, she simply slips the Nike+ sensor into any Nike+ Ready shoe, and provides feedback on speed, distance, pace and calories burned -- right through the iPod headphones. Plus, iTunes will automatically upload her workout to nikeplus.com to track her fitness progress.