By Matt Donnelly
9:16 PM CST, December 3, 2012
As devoted royal watchers, the Ministry was thrilled with Monday's news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their first child.
The only thing that would make Will and Kate more lovable would be teeny Will-and-Kate's.
Though the palace says the duchess' pregnancy is in its early stages, here are five things to look forward to as she carries the next in line for the House of Windsor:
1. Maternity fashion: It's no secret that Kate is a global style force. Sensible but chic, the image she's cut with day dresses, evening gowns and, yes, even fascinators make for sales hits and satisfied editors. Imagine what we're in for once she starts rocking the royal baby bump.
2. New digs, with a nursery: The new year will see Will and Kate open shop at Kensington Palace's coveted apartment 1A, luxurious digs that used to house Princess Margaret. The well-appointed rooms welcomed an eclectic social set when Margaret occupied the joint in the '60s, but now the halls will see babies, not the Beatles. A planned renovation will be complete mid-2013, reports say, and the planes include a nursery.
3. Uncle Harry. Does this really need explanation? The sight of Prince Harry playing uncle is going to dazzle and perhaps spark desire for the bachelor prince to finally find a lady of his own.
4. Family portrait: We swooned at the sight of Will and Kate's engagement portraits, shot by famed fashion photographer and longtime Princess Diana pal Mario Testino. We can't wait until the family sits for another, this time with their bundle accounted for.
5. Boy or girl will run the show: In October 2011, U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron modified the centuries-old practice of primogeniture, which dictated male heirs would take the throne ahead of females in the line of succession. Not anymore. Male or female, Will and Kate's baby is officially third in line for the crown.
What has you most jazzed about the royal baby? Tell us in comments.